5.19.2010

Emily Filler



Beautiful isn't it?  This is a painting by Emily Filler, an Ottawa, Ontario native who is currently living in Toronto and painting full-time out of her studio in the city's historic Distillery District.  Emily is known for painting floral landscapes. She explains, "by blending colors and patterns into dreamlike images, my goal is to convey the impressions that flowers and nature leave behind in memory."

I first met Emily while studying at Queen's University through a mutual friend who is kind enough to give me random updates on Emily's professional and personal life adventures. Emily graduated with a degree in Fine Arts, and her work has since been featured in House & Home Magazine, and comes personally recommended by Sarah Richardson of Design Inc. and HGTV's Sarah's House.

If you're in Ottawa be sure to stop by the Terence Robert Gallery for Emily's 2nd exhibition open May 22 - June 9.  I am the proud owner of a modest 6"x6" Emily Filler original, and every time I look at it I am reminded of good friends and dreams fulfilled.

J xx

1 comment:

Linds said...

wonderful post Jen! Em will love it.

Blogging tips