1.07.2010

A Very Vintage Valentine


I am inspired by this lovely 1930s Valentine's Day card, one of many antique greeting cards that my father has collected from flea markets and antique dealers. The best part of buying a lot of old greeting cards is the handwritten messages you might find still legible inside the cards. To a collector this may reduce their value, but to a romantic it increases their worth exponentially!

What is it about all things old-fashion that make me feel brand new? I can't put my finger on it... I get this feeling of exhilaration that can only be compared to first love. Those butterflies and that feeling of not giving away too much too soon.  The sweetness of cotton candy, those pretty decorative edges, that watercolor dreaminess.  Ok, so I think I've answered my own question.

Valentine's day is the perfect occasion to wrap up something old-fashion and give to your loved ones. Buying antique goods may require a fair bit of research and effort, so if you lack motivation or can't find the time, consider purchasing modern items with an old-fashion aesthetic.

J xx


No comments:

Blogging tips